These are so fattening and Stacey would balk if I told her that during our picnic today. It was always traditional in the family for my grandmother to make pimento cheese when we would go fishing at the pond, tailgating at a Auburn games, or going on church picnics. Helen told me the recipe yesterday and some of it you will just have to experiment with as I did this morning making it – especially with the amount of mayonnaise to add.
- Two large packages of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- One large jar of diced pimentos drained of their liquid.
- Blueplate mayonnaise added until you get your desired consistency.
- One pinch of salt and pepper.
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
Pimento cheese sandwiches are best on extremely fresh white bread such as Sunbeam thin or giant. I also like to add an extra layer of mayonnaise on the sandwich after adding the pimento cheese spread. As I said, it is very fattening, but a taste of the South and oh so good! They are good served with celery and Golden Flake potato chips.