Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Of the African American Vernacular

“Thank you so much,” Ferret told me as I handed him a to-go box of today’s lunch plate from Rodger’s Barbeque which consisted of meat loaf, fried okra, black-eyed peas, potato salad, and cornbread.

I had walked back into the woods behind the railroad tracks to Ferret’s new homeless campsite. It is in an old pecan tree grove next to the river that has become tangled with undergrowth. George had accompanied me and was winded from the long walk. I have seldom seen George put so much effort into going somewhere before on foot. He was curious to see how Ferret was living these days.

“What up dawg?” George asked Ferret in that African American vernacular, shaking his hand.

“I hate it when you black dudes call each other dawg,” I said as I laughed.

George chuckled and told me it was a “black thang.” There are not too many “black thangs” about George, I thought as we stood there.

Ferret had been trying to cook some lunch in a small pot suspended over a campfire. I walked over, pulled off the lid, and looked inside. It smelled revolting.

“What are you cooking?” I asked. “It smells like dog food.”

“I boiled some ramen noodles, added a can of Veg-All vegetables, and then added some of that beef jerky you bought me yesterday. I was trying to make some vegetable beef soup.”

“Next time, just buy a can of vegetable beef soup. It would be much easier and tastier,” I replied.

Ferret cracked open a lukewarm Milwaukee’s Best Ice Beer and began to drink it as he sat on the ground and ate his lunch. I sat beside him and made a list of some things Ferret needed for me and George to go get at Wal-Mart. George promised to help me pay for the items.

George and I finally left Ferret to polish off that twelve pack of ice beer after lunch and we took a shortcut across the railroad tracks by that grand old abandoned cotton mill.

“Dat nigga be in sad shape,” George told me.

I always cringe when George says that derogatory term, but it is okay for one black person to call another black person by that moniker. If I were to do that so blithely like George, being a white man, then I would be tarred and feathered and ran out of town.

“He survived homelessness once and will survive it again,” I said, plainly and matter-of-factly, never giving up hope on my homeless friend.

I and George drove on down to Wal-Mart and bought Ferret a homeless camping survival kit of sorts with things such as emergency ponchos, fire starter kits, camp cookware, etc. I will take it to him tomorrow once this adverse weather we are having this afternoon has passed.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Thinking of you all.

Elithefly said...

i wish i had friends like you guys...

im fixxin to be homeless or locked up one.

my wife is leaving me...

fiwa said...

Poor Ferret. I hope he can pull himself together. It was good of you and George to put a kit together to help him out.

Your birthday is tomorrow? Happy early birthday then! I hope you enjoy the meal with your dad.

zirelda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zirelda said...

Ferret is a creative cook isn't he? You are an extremely kind person. Ferrett is lucky to have you as a friend.

Kristen said...

Pre-birthday best wishes, Andrew. I wish you all the best!!!

Jbeeky said...

Delurking to say I enjoy your writing and wish you a happy birthday! I always get seafood on my birthday and hope yours is tasty.

Anonymous said...

Please view these clips and videos and check out the website that follows. The following clips prove that a criminal network within our government/private sector was responsible for the collapse of the three World Center buildings on 9/11 and consequently the death of thousands. The only way for us to assure that we do not fall prey to another government-sponsored terror attack is to make the truth behind 9/11 known all throughout the country and recognized all throughout the media. The traitorous perpetrators of 9/11 would be deterred from carrying out another scheme of mass deception for fear that it would trigger the country to revolt against the government, rather than bring the country together like 9/11 did. So please share this with others and press for the truth to be recognized for the sake of our security and sanity.


-molten steel spewing out the side of tower, which could only be produced by an incendiary device containing an ingredient like thermate/thermite since jet fuel does not burn hot enough (around 800 degrees C) to melt steel (around 1300 degrees C)


-an example of what thermate/thermite does to steel which is usually used to weld or cut steel


-firefighters describing molten steel as lava-like at ground zero


-cleanup team finds hot steel glowing red and orange all over ground zero


-New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani unwittingly admits on news that he got warning to leave WTC complex that morning because the towers would be coming down despite firemen, fire department, police department, and reporters on scene not knowing


-Building 7 collapses at nearly free fall speed (about 7 seconds--free fall speed for bldg. that height is about 6 seconds) which defies laws of gravity unless all significant points of structual resistance to the collapse were removed by controlled demolition charges. The reason the towers didn't fall at nearly free fall speed is because their demolition was top-down, not bottom-up like Building 7. Footage of their collapse confirms this.


-leaseholder of WTC complex accidentally admits on PBS special that they "pulled" Building 7


-Other segment of same PBS special unwittingly confirms that "pull" is a term used for demolishing a building as a contractor uses the same term to describe demolishing Building 6 weeks after attack. The official explanation for the collapse of Building 7 was that fire and debris damage from the towers weakened the building's structure. The admission that Building 7 was demolished proves that the building's collapse was prepared BEFORE 9/11 since it would have been impossible for a demolition team to place demolition charges all throughout the building in a matter of a few hours, especially in a building with an ongoing fire and damage from debris.


-BBC reports Building 7 (Salomon Brothers building) has collapsed due to fire damage weakening the building BEFORE it actually collapsed, showing that the perpetrators scripted the collapse for the media by preparing an explanation for the collapse to avoid any unfavorable speculation in the immediate aftermath. As you will see, they got it out too early. (Forward this clip to 14:45 to see the report. The comments added highlight the blunder.)


-confirmation that the Salomon Brothers building is Building 7


-emergency workers instructing bystanders to get back because Building 7 is "coming down soon" and is "about to blow up"


To get a better idea of how all these pieces fit into the puzzle, I recommend watching the two videos below and checking out the online journals below. The videos provide more in-depth explanations and also show how 9/11 was not the only time and place that false-flag terrorist operations have been carried out. The journal shows some of the scientific work that has been done to expose the official story as a fraud.


documentary on World Trade Center controlled demolition

documentary on western government terror

www.scholarsfor911truth.org

austere said...

Boss! Already it is tomorrow in my part of the world.
MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF DA DAYYYY!
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
pardy??:))

OsoDelSol said...

I really like your blog. Something about the simplicity and honesty of your words combined with the simplicity and honesty of the material. Keep up the good work. :)

EE said...

You're a good friend!
Will you pick me up some things at Walmart next time you're there? I'll send a list...LOL!!!