1) I got my shot and within an hour felt completely better and more of a sound mind. When I get to feeling like I have the first of the week, I tend to self medicate with alcohol. Mom drove me down to the doctor’s office and she is a very scary driver. Mom always has a million other things on her mind other than is what on the road.
2) Then I and mom ate breakfast at McDonalds. I find their food so sub par, but was hungry and ate two southern style chicken biscuits and drank an OJ. It always amazes me at the vast lines going through the drive through. Don’t these people realize they would save twenty minutes of waiting by just walking inside and ordering?
3) I and mom then went up to Kroger. Helen, their cook and maid, needed some French style green beans to accompany the ham she was cooking for supper. My mother wrote a check for $1.36 which made me blush. My mother will write a check for fifty cents and it embarrasses me.
4) I arrived home to find my back door wide open. The wind had blown it open and luckily Maggie was asleep in my recliner. I never lock my door and need to get into the habit after what happened today. I guess I just invited all the local thieves to come hang out by writing that.
5) Mom then came and got my car to go get a spare key made. My mother is obsessive compulsive about keys and it has worried the shit out of her that I only have one car key. She wants to keep the other in her purse. I offered to pay, but she wouldn’t let me. Mom arrives back at my house and couldn’t get the key out of the ignition (she had left my Honda in gear). She gets out of my car and it goes rolling down my driveway almost out into the street. I had to run and catch it. My mother is just a little mechanically challenged.
6) I then went on a short daily hike and was just soaking wet from sweat. It is a very warm day today before the cold front arrives. I did stop by the shopping center and bought a one pound bag of sugar for my daily cups of hot tea. Cap w/ Tag Guy and Dexter were out in front shooting the shit as George likes to say. Dexter had on an old and tattered AC/DC Back in Black t-shirt and it made me smile. You don’t think of a black man being an AC/DC fan. I guess I shouldn’t generalize like that.